Why not continue your PADI Diver Education whilst on board with a PADI Speciality?
For more information see our available courses.
MV Scuba Cat is an ideal scuba diving platform. The design of a very large catamaran boat operating amongst the protected waters of the Similans makes this the most "friendly" boat to be found, seasickness is rare. This truly is a boat for people who don't like boats and is an excellent choice for someone's first liveaboard experience. With the efficiency of the operation and convenience of scuba diving we are able to offer up to five dives a day for those who wish. In keeping with our philosophy of a relaxed atmosphere, we are happy to drop guests of on the beach provide ocean kayaks for your enjoyment as well as arrange our famous sunset volleyball game. Non divers are most welcome and are sure to enjoy the variety of activities available.
MV Scuba Cat is without a doubt the most comfortable and stable diving platform touring the Similan Islands. Our scuba divers can gear up in spacious surroundings and enter the water six abreast. So, the day is over and the sun is setting. Could it really be any better than this?
Are you a Nitrox diver?
MV Scuba Cat has an Enriched Air Nitrox blending system onboard. Enriched Air Nitrox enables you to increase the amount of time you spend you spend at depth underwater. If you are not yet certified as an Enriched Air Nitrox Diver, our Instructors are happy to train you.
Rates and Schedules
Liveaboard Phuket, Thailand
From November until beginning of May, MV Scuba Cat is based in the Similan Islands - Scuba Cat Diving, Phuket, Thailand transfers you from your hotel in Phuket, Thailand to the seaside resort of Tap Lamu, some 90 km north of Patong Beach. From here you board our transfer boat, MV Scuba Sport, which takes you out to MV Scuba Cat at the Similan Islands.
MV Scuba Sport transfers passengers to and from MV Scuba Cat, Liveaboard every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. This unique set up allows you to stay for as many days as you like! No need for a hotel! We guarantee a room with a sea view at no extra charge!
National Park fees are 400 Baht entry plus 200 Baht a day payable locally per diver. Rental equipment is 750 Baht per day for a full set payable locally.
|2 Days/1 Night
|3 Days/2 Nights
||Monday, Wednesday, Friday
|4 Days/3 Nights
|5 Days/4 Nights
|Additional days after 6 days
Non-Divers receive a 20 % discount
In the Summer Season we moore MV Scuba Cat at Racha Yai - which gives unique possibilities for combining Padi Diver training with a liveaboard experience, or getting away from busy Patong and spending quality time diving. At this time of year transfers are daily allowing you to stay as many nights as you choose.
At prices like these why book a Hotel!
|2 Days/1 Night
MV Scuba Cat Liveaboard Information
- Construction: 30 metre overall length, 7 m wide, all steel, designed specifically for diving. Catamaran hulls provide maximum stability and the largest possible deck space. This is the largest dive vessel in Thailand. High ceilings and proper staircases eliminate bumps on the head. The huge dive deck and low level platform design means very safe and convenient diving.
- Reliability: Double redundancy is built in by having dual systems for all major mechanical components.
- Accommodation: ten clean, spacious cabins, twin share with upper and lower berths. Berths are equipped with an individual reading light, fan and lockable strong box. Family room available on request (for parents with young Children upto age 5)
- Wash Rooms: Newly Refurbishied in 2008 3 guest and 1 staff toilet/shower combination. Two showers located on the dive deck. The massive water tanks are re-supplied every 3 days so we can provide unlimited fresh water.
- Safety Equipment: Full first aid equipment including DAN emergency oxygen kit with demand valve and a large oxygen supply tank. Life vests for every person on board. Cellular telephone provides direct contact with shore and DAN if required.
- A maximum of 20 divers in 10 twin cabins.
- Each cabin has its own lock box and bed fan.
- Two toilets/showers with hot water.
- One toilet on dive deck.
- Windows in all cabins providing natural lighting and a Sea View!
- Nitrox available onboard.